DAUGHTRY - LEAVE THIS TOWN – ME – INTUITION
This is an entry dedicated to me by me. It’s just a part n parcel of my life that seems to be having deep intuitional radar with the music performed by my fav musicians Daughtry. I bought Daughtry’s Leave This Town way few months back, after finding it so hard to get in any record stores, till I have to make a special request order and finally soon after it came into my reach. I was head over heels just holding the CD, loving the designs, n eagerly have my first listen to the new album. Funny how I was so anticipated to be singing my lungs out to it, excitedly knowing that it’s surely be a massive one, esp after loving the first single of d album ‘No Surprise’ to the max, but sumhow distorted feelings occurred after that first run. And never did I play it again, until just recently. Wina K asked me how it was earlier, bt I cudn’t respond to it, saying tht I love the 1st CD better! Truth be told, I listen to any music that I love with heart n soul, I cud eat the lyrics at first snoop. Some say they love the melodies, beating of a drum, strums of guitars and etc… I just love music as a whole and moreover the meaning strikes me the most. Anyhow, deep down, I know I was deeply touched by the album, to every single track in it, but due to an unfortunate event that recently occurred in my life, I couldn’t have the will to eat it all out at tht very point in life where I was crushing my way down and praying that the nightmares is not real. And sadly I was wrong. Time heals a broken heart, and that I believed… although, you’re not fully recovered, or will u ever be, but someway somehow, u jst got to get your conscience together, and head for the better. Why wallowing in self-pity, longing for that true love n sincerely hoping when others have already fired you from that position. Amazing what music cud bring, Karma I presumed…a sign or an option to choose. Hey music can heal the world rite? Depending on hw you look at it. As I said tis is my story, only I know best. I find that all 12 tracks is closely related to me, one to another, wonder why Chris Daughtry wrote them, is he not doing fine with his marriage? Hurm.. Anyhow thank u for the songs… it is lovely written n heartfelt. Permission for me to use the lyrics in my attempt of having a closure to a chapter… it starts with the beginning, slowly moving to a climax and finally putting an end. A reminder for me that I’ve been true and done my very best negotiating to conflicts and try to make it work, but reality have to be accepted, and now am ready to let it disappear and maybe find happiness in a heart that’s willing to share. There’s a slight possibility that I know a heart that’s willing now, a friend – coincidently having taste the same trials of life, but am not gearing up to anything tho’, I don’t think am ready yet… n definitely am in no rush. Altho’ having to feel needed, enjoying your company and appreciated again by someone else is Syukurlah.. Uplifting indeed for someone who’s been thrown out! Aite, straight now to my entry for me.
LEAVE THIS TOWN…,
CALL YOUR NAME…
Complicated situations are the makings of all that’s wrong
And I’ve standing in the deliverance way too long
There’s gotta be a better way for me to say
What’s on my heart without leaving scars?
And with a broken heart
Your walls can only go down but so low
Can you hear me when I call your name?
LEARN MY LESSON…
Like the feeling, the real thing
I reach out for that sweet dream
But somehow the darkness wakes me up
I’ve felt this emptiness before
But all the times that I’ve been broken
I still run right back for more.
You’d think I learn my lesson by now
You’d think that I somehow figure out
That if you strike a match
You’re bound to feel the flame
You think I learn the cost of love
Paid the price long enough
But still I drive myself right through the pain
Yeah, well it turns, I haven’t learned a thing
SEPTEMBER…
All the time passed away
All the trouble that we gave
And all of those days we spent out
Has it all gone to waste?
All the promises we made
One by one they vanish just the same.
Off all the things I still remember
Time just seems to fly but the memories remain
Playing out in the rain
Nothing to lose but everything to gain
Reflecting now on how things could’ve been…
LIFE AFTER YOU…
Last time we talked, the day that I walked
Burns like an iron in the back of my mind
I must’ve been high, to see you I started running.
All that I’m after is a life full of laughter
As long as I’m laughing with you
I’m thinking that all that still matters is love ever after
After the life we’ve been through
‘Cause I know there’s no life without you.
You and I, right or wrong, there’s no other one (at least not for me)
After this time I spent alone
It’s hard to believe that a man with sight could be so blind.
Thinking bout the better times, must’ve been outta my mind
Weren’t meant to be and just wasting my time.
YOU DON’T BELONG TO ME…
Any given time or place
I never will forget the disgrace on
Your face so full of love
Will it ever be enough?
No, you don’t belong to me, I think you lied to me
And with my back against this wall, it’s hard to be strong
No, you’d tell me anything, look what you’ve done to me
Still, I tell myself that tomorrow you’ll be long gone
WHAT I MEANT TO SAY…
I’m strong enough to say
That I don’t want to take the high road now
So typical of you to walk away
When your perfect little world is burning down
I know I said I’m sorry
But that’s not what I meant to say.
I’ve been holding on while you’ve been letting go.
And I just thought you should know
Can I be so bold?
‘Cause all this sucking up is just getting old
Well it’s not too late to say it right this time
What I really meant to say with every little breath I take
I’m not the only one who makes mistakes
Just think of all the ones you’ve made.
EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND…
I been patient, understanding and believing
All the reasons you believe what you believe
Never seeing the truth is a part of me
When all I wanna do is show you what it really means to love
I been strong, I been holding out so long
And I don’t want you to forget that you are forgiven…
I know you’re standing there
Waiting for me to take it on back down the other road
But I won’t let you down
Every time you turn around
TENNESSEE LINE
I open my lungs to breathe in forgiveness and love
Haunting me now, reminders of how I used to be
And on down the road, my troubles are sure to follow
Looking out the window, the hell I know where I will go
So I’ll just keep on driving.
I’ve sworn off my past
First to last bad call that I ever made
Tell me how to make it right
All the wrong turn that I’ve learned
So this can all end tonight
Well it’s my heart I’ll follow this time
And stop living with doubt.
SUPERNATURAL…
Lost from the start, I might as well be on the moon
Every step I’ve taken has led me to where you are
But all that I believe in is keeping me from seeing too far
Throwing out the questions, waiting for the right reply
Looking for the answers, tell me will it be tonight
Through the atmosphere I’m seeing
Glimpses of the past I’m leaving
Holding on for life as we collide
But now it’s too late, it’s taking over me
It feels so supernatural
And I’m pulled away the other way
It’s more than I can take
And I’m losing hold of everything
When it’s more than physical
It’s kind of hard to see beyond the glow
And you know I can’t deny
Cause it feel so supernatural
NO SURPRISE
It’s no surprise I won’t be here tomorrow
I can’t believe that I stayed till today
There’s nothing here in this heart left to borrow
There’s nothing here in this soul left to say
Don’t be surprised when we hate this tomorrow
God knows we tried to find an easier way
Yeah, you and I will be a tough act to follow
But I know in time we’ll find this was no surprise.
Our favourite place we used to go
The warm embrace that no one knows
The loving look that’s left your eyes
That’s why this comes as no, as no surprise.
If I could see the future and how this plays out
I bet it’s better than where we are now
But after going thru this, it’s easier to see the reason why
OPEN UP YOUR EYES…
For the first time you can open your eyes
And see the world without your sorrow
Where no one knows the pain you left behind
And all the peace you could never find
Is waiting there to hold you and keep you
Welcome to the first day of your life ...
LEAVE THIS TOWN…,
CALL YOUR NAME…
Complicated situations are the makings of all that’s wrong
And I’ve standing in the deliverance way too long
There’s gotta be a better way for me to say
What’s on my heart without leaving scars?
And with a broken heart
Your walls can only go down but so low
Can you hear me when I call your name?
LEARN MY LESSON…
Like the feeling, the real thing
I reach out for that sweet dream
But somehow the darkness wakes me up
I’ve felt this emptiness before
But all the times that I’ve been broken
I still run right back for more.
You’d think I learn my lesson by now
You’d think that I somehow figure out
That if you strike a match
You’re bound to feel the flame
You think I learn the cost of love
Paid the price long enough
But still I drive myself right through the pain
Yeah, well it turns, I haven’t learned a thing
SEPTEMBER…
All the time passed away
All the trouble that we gave
And all of those days we spent out
Has it all gone to waste?
All the promises we made
One by one they vanish just the same.
Off all the things I still remember
Time just seems to fly but the memories remain
Playing out in the rain
Nothing to lose but everything to gain
Reflecting now on how things could’ve been…
LIFE AFTER YOU…
Last time we talked, the day that I walked
Burns like an iron in the back of my mind
I must’ve been high, to see you I started running.
All that I’m after is a life full of laughter
As long as I’m laughing with you
I’m thinking that all that still matters is love ever after
After the life we’ve been through
‘Cause I know there’s no life without you.
You and I, right or wrong, there’s no other one (at least not for me)
After this time I spent alone
It’s hard to believe that a man with sight could be so blind.
Thinking bout the better times, must’ve been outta my mind
Weren’t meant to be and just wasting my time.
YOU DON’T BELONG TO ME…
Any given time or place
I never will forget the disgrace on
Your face so full of love
Will it ever be enough?
No, you don’t belong to me, I think you lied to me
And with my back against this wall, it’s hard to be strong
No, you’d tell me anything, look what you’ve done to me
Still, I tell myself that tomorrow you’ll be long gone
WHAT I MEANT TO SAY…
I’m strong enough to say
That I don’t want to take the high road now
So typical of you to walk away
When your perfect little world is burning down
I know I said I’m sorry
But that’s not what I meant to say.
I’ve been holding on while you’ve been letting go.
And I just thought you should know
Can I be so bold?
‘Cause all this sucking up is just getting old
Well it’s not too late to say it right this time
What I really meant to say with every little breath I take
I’m not the only one who makes mistakes
Just think of all the ones you’ve made.
EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND…
I been patient, understanding and believing
All the reasons you believe what you believe
Never seeing the truth is a part of me
When all I wanna do is show you what it really means to love
I been strong, I been holding out so long
And I don’t want you to forget that you are forgiven…
I know you’re standing there
Waiting for me to take it on back down the other road
But I won’t let you down
Every time you turn around
TENNESSEE LINE
I open my lungs to breathe in forgiveness and love
Haunting me now, reminders of how I used to be
And on down the road, my troubles are sure to follow
Looking out the window, the hell I know where I will go
So I’ll just keep on driving.
I’ve sworn off my past
First to last bad call that I ever made
Tell me how to make it right
All the wrong turn that I’ve learned
So this can all end tonight
Well it’s my heart I’ll follow this time
And stop living with doubt.
SUPERNATURAL…
Lost from the start, I might as well be on the moon
Every step I’ve taken has led me to where you are
But all that I believe in is keeping me from seeing too far
Throwing out the questions, waiting for the right reply
Looking for the answers, tell me will it be tonight
Through the atmosphere I’m seeing
Glimpses of the past I’m leaving
Holding on for life as we collide
But now it’s too late, it’s taking over me
It feels so supernatural
And I’m pulled away the other way
It’s more than I can take
And I’m losing hold of everything
When it’s more than physical
It’s kind of hard to see beyond the glow
And you know I can’t deny
Cause it feel so supernatural
NO SURPRISE
It’s no surprise I won’t be here tomorrow
I can’t believe that I stayed till today
There’s nothing here in this heart left to borrow
There’s nothing here in this soul left to say
Don’t be surprised when we hate this tomorrow
God knows we tried to find an easier way
Yeah, you and I will be a tough act to follow
But I know in time we’ll find this was no surprise.
Our favourite place we used to go
The warm embrace that no one knows
The loving look that’s left your eyes
That’s why this comes as no, as no surprise.
If I could see the future and how this plays out
I bet it’s better than where we are now
But after going thru this, it’s easier to see the reason why
OPEN UP YOUR EYES…
For the first time you can open your eyes
And see the world without your sorrow
Where no one knows the pain you left behind
And all the peace you could never find
Is waiting there to hold you and keep you
Welcome to the first day of your life ...
Yes, I’ve finally cut off my hair short, ya ya ya… few years loving and growing with that image, RE-BRANDING seems to be a gud start. Sorry dear God for the public display, my first attempt of cutting my own hair… I berjaya, hairdresser in the making… kinna ter-overexcited about it! Not tht am saying it looks GOOD, jst that it makes me feel gudddddd. Ciao. Forza, forza, forza!





0 comments:
Post a Comment